You might have already enjoyed your summer holiday or perhaps you are enjoying it right now or maybe you are still waiting anxiously for it to arrive. Whatever your situation, it´s never to late to know the best bikini for your body shape.
First things first. What body shape are you? If you are not too sure and need to refresh your memory check out a post I wrote last November; Do you know what your body shape is?
Which one of these bikinis will flatter your figure?
An hourglass figure calls for a suit that complements curves while keeping assets firmly in place.
- Opt for a solid or a small print that won’t distort your proportions.
- Look for an underwire, balconette, or halter style to support your chest.
- Stay away from anything with a shifty string top or bottom.
If your lower half is a little larger, camouflage your pear shape with a strategically cut bottom.
- Conceal hips and thighs in full-coverage briefs, hipsters, or boy shorts.
- Draw the eye up with molded cups, halter straps, or cleavage detailing.
- Stay away from “look at me!” prints on your lower half.
If your body shape is straight, you have two options: Fake some curves or take advantage of the fact you have nothing to hide and wear a skimpy style.
- Enhance your boobs and butt with ruffles, gathering, or padding and cup in your chest area with cups or a girlie print.
- Flaunt your straight silhouette in an itty-bitty string bikini.
- Avoid bandeau tops and sporty bottoms, boy-cut briefs, and shapeless tanks.
If your body shape is an apple shape look for fabrics designed to keep your stomach flat. Thicker materials or swimsuits with built in support at the stomach can keep your middle region looking slim.
- Try a one-piece suit with shirring down the sides and at the waist. Shirring pulls your waist in, making it look narrower.
- Camouflage your mid-section with creative prints. Bold prints, in general, draw attention away from the middle. Colour blocking can also be used to create this effect.
- Avoid billowy swimsuits. You may think they hide your stomach, but the extra material only adds bulk. This bulk will only make your midsection look larger.
And this is the selection I have done for you. I hope it helps you next time you go bikini hunting. Get ready to show your body!
See you next week